Voting is a privilege that has been granted to the citizens of India as per the tenets of the Indian Constitution. This permits Indians who are above the age of 18 to vote, irrespective of religious, political or social leanings. India is one of the world’s largest democracies, with 543 constituencies and over 8 crore eligible voters and counting
Voter ID card Haryana
Online Registration Step-guide for Voter ID in Haryana
Log on to the official website: ceoharyana.nic.in that takes care of the electoral processes in Haryana. This link will take you to the Home Page containing a lot of information. The Electoral Commissions India website is quick and easy to use. It also has the ability to translate the page in the Hindi.
After logging on to the website you will be instructed to create an account by filling in your email ID and mobile number. A verification code will then be sent to your mobile number. Once this is done your account is created.
Sign into the account and look for FORM-6 . This form will ask you to fill in details like your residential address, age, sex, etc. You will also have to upload a passport sized scanned photograph along with address proof and age proof. When you press submit, you will receive a registration number.
When you have completed the online registration, send a hard copy of the same documents along with your signature to the Electoral Office. A Booth Level Officer will then visit your house and make sure the address given in the form, exists.
IF the Officer gives a positive feedback, you will receive your Voter’s ID card in no time and will be officially eligible to vote.
In the old days, registering for a Voter’s ID was a tedious task. Filling end number of forms, several rounds to the electoral office, long ques and what not. Due to this the number of individual who voted were very less. Just the sheer thought of going through such a lengthy process was tiring, which is why the Indian Government decided to make the registration process online. This has encouraged a large number of people to vote. There has been a substantial rise in the number of voters amongst youth. And a lot of awareness all over the nation.
How to Apply for Voter’s ID card Offline in Haryana:
As a new voter in Haryana, you can register yourself in the electoral rolls of your constituency by filling out the application form and submitting the required documents.
If you are not familiar with the online process, you can also apply offline by following the steps as given below:
- Visit the office of the electoral officer that is nearest to your residence and request for Form 6, which is the application form for new voter registration.
- Fill in the form as per the guidelines mentioned and attach the documents required (address proof, age proof as well as photographs).
- Submit the form at the electoral office, where you will be issued with a reference number. You can use this number to track your application.
- After submitting the form, you will be visited by a Booth Level Officer (BLO), who will verify the information you provided in your form.
- If the verification process is successful, you will receive your voter ID card. You can go to the electoral office and collect it or it will be sent to your address as mentioned on the form via post.
Tracking Voter ID Status Online:
To check your status online, visit the Haryana CEO (http://web1.hry.nic.in/ceohry/NewVoterssearch.aspx)website(http://web1.hry.nic.in/ceohry/NewVoterssearch.aspx). You can check your status using the following information:
- Select your district
- Select your Assembly Constituency
- Select your form:
- Form 6
- Form 6A
- Form 7
- Form 8
- Form 8 A
- Enter the date and click on “Search